Saturday, December 24, 2011

Me and Jake--banished from the kitchen.




It was Christmas Eve afternoon. Dana was cooking, I was in the way sampling (I call it taste-testing.) Jake was my assistant, and despite our zealous efforts, we were both FIRED!! Jake had his own Christmas celebration last night, having found a huge platter of fresh Artisan rolls from Sam's, and seeing as they had no one else's name on them, he ate them. I was antsy about not getting to run. Jake needed to burn some calories. So, I decided to take Jake for a walk.Fortunately, I brought my camera. The skies were an amazing deep blue, the air was clean and clear--a perfect day for a walk and for pictures.


Cotton candy clouds danced about the sky, begging us to come play.


But I behaved and walked--not running a step. My knee is 1% better. But at least it's not worse.


After a run down the street and a brief trail loop, we were at the Turkey Mountain parking lot. Jake did a little butt sniffing with a couple of dogs, and we went for some more pictures.


This one and the one above are taken through Turkey Mountain's own natural fake rock arch.


Not far from the arch is a tall outcropping that many climbing enthusiasts enjoy. Look at the team who are almost at the summit.


A view to the east....


A view toward heaven....


A view of a good looking dog.


My usual pic-into-the-sun pic. We ended up with about two miles. Jake is really getting good on the leash, which means the resistance training I was getting on my right (leash) arm is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment