Friday, December 9, 2011

Isle du Bois 50K Preview




Saturday, I'll be heading south, crossing the Red River into Texas to run the inaugural Isle du Bois 50K This race runs along the shores of Lake Ray Roberts, near Denton.My buddy David Hanenburg, creator of Endurance Buzz, an online magazine that reports on trail and ultra races in the TALON area (Texas, Arkansas, Louisanna, Oklahoma, and New Mexico.) EB also reviews trail shoes and lots of nifty gear that we ultra-freaks like. If you can't get enough trail reading, bookmark this site. It's one of my favorite trail-running sites. The above pix as well as the one below are borrowed from his prolific wedsite.

Making the trip with me: Kathy and Brian.Dana may go, but may stay to babysit grandkids, which she understandably finds much more rewarding than waiting on me to shuffle along for 7-8 hours, let alone the drive to and from. Kathy and I are running, and Brian will take pictures and sleep. For sure, a juicy race report will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment