Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm fired up!!!!



This a trail on the west side of Turkey Mountain. Beautiful, isn't it? This fire road runs north and south for around a mile, and has some very nice ups and downs--a good place for some hill work, and it also serves as a great shortcut when you end up frazzled over on the west side and want to get back to the lower parking lot on the east side, as it is straight, and eliminates most of the winding single track.

But backing up a few feet, you'll see what some assholes are doing to our playground.A few weeks ago 30 or 40 runners, hikers, mountain bikers, and nature lovers cleaned up TONS of dumped garbage from this road/trail--a road that was once fenced and cabled. There is a major gas pipeline and this road serves as easement for the periodical maintenance they need, but stupid inconsiderate slobs use this road to dump their crap.Needless to say, this makes me sick, mad, and vengeful. I kicked around through some of the garbage and found a few pieces of mail. I am not saying this is WHO dumped the trash, but they may know who did. I believe these people should be questioned.I did a google search for Bradley Watson--nothing. Checking the online white pages--nothing again. But using the address cross reference, this entry came up.I am wondering--maybe these folks paid someone to clean out their garage and the dolts dumped the trash here. Maybe this was stolen mail? What should be done with these names and addresses---anything? I love my trails. Hundreds of trail runners and mountain bikers feel the same way--this is just like someone dumping right in our front yard. Our Turkey and TATURs race goes right through this area. We have lots of runners from out of state and I am greatly embarrassed that they had to see trash like this at last years race.

The Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness group is talking about getting with the owners of this property to have a gate put up. Funds will need to be raised to do this, and I bet we can get this done. I'd just like to see these trashy dumpy people punished.

No comments:

Post a Comment