Thursday, January 6, 2011

Possible trails at a small lake west of Tulsa

 



While driving out in the country on the way back from a sales call, I drove by a small lake. There was an old rusty gate with some signs that might have said no trespassing, if I had bothered to read them.Thee remnants of an old road looked enticingly like a trail. I had jeans on--and my trail shoes--BONUS! I grabbed my camera and went for a little hike/run--in street clothes--sort of.The road ran down to an old abandoned campsite. It has not rained in NE Oklahoma much at all in the past 6 months, and this small lake is getting smaller by the day. The shores were endless driftood--a wood carving artist's delight.An old duck blind--once on the shore, was now far from the water. I walked back up, and found another faint road that was a lot more like a trail.There was not much to follow, but with my trail sensor engaged, I ventured deeper into the woods.At times, the route was easy to find. Could this take me clear around the lake??But after around a mile, it played out, and despite circling around to see if it picked back up a little further out, this appeared to be the end.The return trip required some climbing.I don't remember this hill being this steep on the way down--but I love hills--remember?A final look at the lake vista. With a rake and some clippers, I am betting this could be a good 3 or 4 mile out-and back trail. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment