Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Trail Shoes!! And a night run.




Some exciting news--for me anyway: I got my new trail shoes today!! I am trying out the Hoka One One trail shoes from Sweden. One of their "team" is Karl Meltzer, one of the premier ultra runners, and a past winner of several hundreds including Hardrock. Catra Corbet wore these shoes on her 46 hour birthday run, and reportedly had no blisters and felt hey colorful legs were less fatigued with these shoes.One very noticable difference is that they are THICK. I am normally 5'9" with hair gel, but I am nearly 5'11" with these shoes and a hat. They are super cushioned, and springy. I have never been able to slam dunk a basketball. My vertical leap has been measured as high as 3 3/8 inches. But with these shoes, I can actually swat the bottom of the net!!!!Just after 5:00 pm, and I'm heading out. The sun is setting, but I have my headlamp (and magic shoes!!)From the Hochi--the flame is actually the reflection of the setting sun.Looking east. There's a hint of orange in the eastern horizon. Is that a sign of good weather to come?Two miles into my run and the sun is gone.Luv me sum night running. Nothing but 30 feet of trail and the sound of my footfall.One last pic from the top of Turkey Mountain before I head downhill. It was a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment