Friday, February 4, 2011

The Adventure Begins



Ice. Piles of snow. Slick roads. Cold temps. Freakish wind chills. All of these should have been enough to keep me away from making the trip to south Tejas to run 100 miles. Common sense? Nope. Reasoning from my wife? Uh uh. I kept calling weather lines and scanning internet weather services to find a forecast I liked. A good road report was a next to impossible to find. After much consideration, I decided to stay home.  But the desire to avenge a DNF and the matter of good friends Kathy, Bill, and Caroline going changed my admitted fickle mind. It's 12:30 am and the skillful piloting of one Bill Ford is bringing us closer to the warmer land of Tejas where we'll run five 20 mile laps and earn the coveted belt buckle pictured above. Wish us luck--we'll need an unbelievable amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment