Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ten Minute Adventure




Sometimes that all it takes to map out a treasure, start a quest, refine the search, and stake your claim on the booty. Such was the case yesterday afternoon when I was about 30 minutes early to an appointment in western Broken Arrow. I simply opened the Geocaching app on my phone, found a nearby cache that sounded like it was findable, and began my expedition.A clue to where I was. It's not cool to just blurt out where the stash is hidden, lest the muggles molest the hidings.Another cool view. Broken Arrow's mosquito farm. I was very close to the cache, and it always takes some thinking outside the box to find the hidden vessels. I knew from the map on my phone about where it was, but it took me a good 5 minutes to scour the possibilities. Just as I was about to give up, I saw one possible place where it might be, and Eureka! I found it. I signed the log, and pl;aced the cache exactly where I had found it.

The clues had mentioned some bones that were nearby.Since I had my phone, which doubles as my GPS device, I snapped a pic of the remains of this creature. Kind of creepy, huh? I posted this pic on Facebook, and I got a comment or two suggesting that they might be human bones. Not likely. They are way to small.

I looked back on the geocaching site, and borrowed another picture taken a few months back.Still a little creepy, but from the length of the legs, I am thinking a deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment