Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Running with my boys




The days are gradually getting longer, and after I got home from work, I had time enough to take my boys out for a run.Rocky and Jake were raring and tearing to go. So excited, and they gave me a lot of resistance training all the way to the trails. The .3 mile to the trails usually is enough to grind the horse power down to a more manageable dog power. I'll admit, I do enjoy the trip UP Lipbuster while being towed.I always visit the pond on the blue trail. Rocky gets his swim on, while Jake prefers to sit out the first swim.Happy dogs. They love the trails as much as I do, although they have more tongue waggage. After Rocky's run and swim, it was time for the bike. He really sucks at biking, but he is closer to being a triathlete than I am. Then, Rocky begins his orienteering, choosing a route that would get us 4 miles and pass another pond. We headed north. Hope the following videos don't make you too sea-sick.

After following pink blazes for a while, we made it to Pepsi Pond.It was getting dark, but Rocky took a good soak, and Jake got his feet wet, but did not drink. Nothing but bottled water for that boy. Then, we headed west toward the Y, and took the Jelly Legs trail zigzag up to Rock City. It was getting dark, but I knew once we made it to the Snake Trail, we'd be able to run the rest of the way since it's not to terribly rocky. I did not help our cause by stopping to take moon-pix.After 5 pictures, I managed to get one that was not too fuzzy. The boys were tired but happy, and Rocky was right on the mileage--we ended up with 4.2 miles in 1:14 including photo-stops and swims.

I had about an hour to squeeze in a run yesterday, and quickly headed out the door wearing an old pair of Trabucos and SHORTS! The trails on Turkey were calling my name.I ran the Snake Trail. I had heard reports from a day or so earlier that the trails were a lot like last yerars Snake Run, like rivers of slush. But actually, with the warm 60-70° days, the snow is leaving us in a hurry. Plowing through or side-stepping the puddles--taht was the decision to be made. I did a little of both.I predist all will be dry and runnable/rideable in a few days.As I usually do, I found the sun hiding behind a gnarly tree. My favorite pic.

I finished a little over 3 miles in 44 minutes, and went back to work. Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment