Friday, February 25, 2011

Thank you, pothole patcher....




Thank you, pothole patcher, for clearly defining "stupid."Not you personally. I can't say whether the shoe fits. But the methodology of fixing the roads--sheesh--does ANYONE think this is a good way to do it? (Here goes a TZ rant.) I was driving down the Broken Elbow Expressway and traffic somes to a standstill. A slow moving truck is several car-lengths ahead, and cars edge their way around it. At least there was a flow, unlike I-44 frozen meat fiasco yesterday. When I passed the road "workers", it sounded like the whole underside on my car was being pelted, and in fact, my ultra light hybrid picked up over a hundred pounds of loose asphalt these clods shovelled into holes and cracks in the road.You know, this might actually work if they ran a roller over it, or smunched it down with their foot, or even spanked it with their shovel. Their theory must be that car tires will do that, but actually, the crap sticks to the tire treads like a discarded piece of gum. Then is flung all over the place, and into nooks and crannies under cars. Bad idea! What a waste, as these holes are still there a day later. A waste of material, a waste of labor, and a waste of mental anguish. (Ok, I was stretching on that last one.) But come on, guys--there IS a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment