Thursday, February 17, 2011

a mid week run, paved trails, wooden bridges, a lazy river, and photographs




Not every day is a trail day. Tonight I ran on pavement from RunnersWorld to the river, and across the pedestrian bridge, and back. 80° temps and 40 mph south winds were a stark difference to the weather we had last week, and despite working up quite a sweat, I will refrain from complaining. It was awesome!Across the pedestrian bridge, I stopped for a break to take a few pictures. Twilight was edging out the light I needed for good pix, which gave me a chance to play with other settings on my camera. This is at a slower shutter speed and zoomed in 4X. I sat the camera on a railing and set the timer for a two second delay so it would be perfectly still. I took four shots and the 3rd turned out the best.Looking south over the low water dam, you can see the results of 20+ inches of melted snow. The river was nearly bone dry a couple of weeks ago.A full moon was charging up to chase away the setting sun.Unintimidated, the sun slinked over the horizon, taking it's sweet old time.It seemed to hand right on the edge, like it's jacket was caught on a tree limb. I think it's a bigger ham than I am and actually enjoys posing for pictures.
We are of a like mind, the sun and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment