Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What a whirlwind of a day. I was out the door at 7:30 to go to an 8:00 appointment, which involved measuring a 12/12 pitch roof. While I don't mind scrambling on the side of a mountain like a billy goat, somehow I am not comfortable doing it on a rooftop!

After leaving, I saw that my car was on E, and had been since yesterday. No problemo, since I needed a Quik Trip coffee anyway. But at the gas pump, I could not get the fuel flap to open. The release would not pop the flap open at all! (I did go ahead and get my coffee though....Priorities, ya know!)

I decided that I had no choice but to go to the dealership to get it fixed. The dude there was able to pry it open, and then showed me how something had been bent by someone probably trying to steal my gas! Someone is not the sharpest crayon in the box, trying to steal gas from a Hybrid! He would not have got much, even if the tank was full!

Then, my next mission was to get to another gas station. But, I ran out of gas before getting there. I had always wondered what would happen if this happened in my Hybrid, and the Prius preformed like a charm. The electric motor kept me going, and I drove on the 1.5 miles to a QT as if nothing was wrong.

Then, I had a 10:00 appointment with Oklahoma Blood Institute. They wanted my blood. It's nice to be wanted! But on the way there, an 80-something blue-hair ran right into the back side of my car. I could see her turning out from a parking lot as if I was not there. I swerved as far as I dared without hitting another car, and she just drove right into the side of my car just behind the back wheel. Geeze, I was MAD! But when I saw she was an old lady, the anger went away. It was a miracle, since I was seconds away from going off on someone! Turns out, the back bumper wraps all the way around to the wheel, and I think it all is plastic. Other than a deep scratch in the clear coat and some of her white paint in my gray paint, nothing is really all that wrong. :-)

The tech that drew my blood was a newbie, and it took 2 sticks to get a vein. OWIE!!! And I am not sure where she got the needle, but it must have been from Texas, cuz it sure was BIG! I have a pretty good bruise to show for it.

Later in the afternoon, I sold a HUGE job in which the guy paid me up front in full. Another BUENO! My boss might actually pay me before the holiday and we can buy a few deeply discounted hot-dogs and day old buns.

Around 6:30 I met some friends tonight on Turkey Mountain and ran about 4 miles on the trails.Pictured above are Dee, Vicky, Glenn, and Aaron. We ran some nice soft easy trails all the way to the end of the powerline overlooking downtown.Along the way, I scanned for any missed ribbons from the BBF. Brian, Kathy, and I had made a mass sweep yesterday due to the prompting of some anonymous griper on the TATUR chatroom.On the return trip, Aaron took a fall. he bounced right up, and seemed none-the-worse for it. But after our run, he was sporting a nice little bloody knee. Make that 7 points for the fall, and an extra 2 points for the blood!

No comments:

Post a Comment