Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Therapy

I guess a good run on the trails was all I needed. I have been in quite the funk mentally the past couple of days. Large quantities of alcohol seemed like a good solution, and I deliberately avoided that, as I am only 4.5 pounds away from losing my Clydesdale status.


Tonight I met what I thought was just gonna be a couple of friends, and it turns out that 8 of us ran on Turkey.Left to right are Vicky, Glenn, Chuck, Brian at center stage, Aaron, Lori, Earl, and Bee-Sting-Bob. Earl leaves for Canada this week for yet another vacation, and will run the HURL Elkhorn 50 miler in Montana. Hey Earl, bring back pictures!!

Glenn and Chuck met me at 5:45, and we tackled Lipbuster and ran the powerliner trail and cut back into the woods and ran back to the parking lot for maybe 2.6 miles.Then the 9 of us headed out to finish the 15K portion of the Turkey and Taturs course. Everyone seemed to have happy feet, not that mine weren't, but I was firing on 4 cylinders. (Slow, but getting great gas mileage??)A view from the "caboose" position of the train.

After 4 passes on the east mountain, I was done. Should be tapering ya know! And it was 90-something frickin' degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment