Friday, July 18, 2008

Thursday's Three Runs

Thursday, believe it or not, I did work. But I got a 4 miler in at 2:00 in 92 degree heat, in the sun mostly, with hills. I guess I got a bit of Badwater fever maybe??

Then I ran 5 miles with my friends at RunnersWorld. I do their blog, and always try to make it a fun thing. Click on the link in my fave blogs list.My great friend Allen ran with us for the last time for a while. Allen leaves Saturday for Iraq where he will do some under-cover police work. I am more than a little uneasy about him going, and pray God will keep a hedge of protection around him while he is there.

After that, Kathy, Roman, Candice and I ran 8 more miles mapping out the route for the Saturday group. We ran at a very easy pace, and just had fun.Makes ya wonder what Kathy and Roman REALLY do in thier spare time!

We ran on to the Center of the Universe.Candice had never been there. It is a strange place where you can stand in the center of a bridge in a bricked circle, and your voice echoes as if you were in a deep well. People outside the circle cannot hear the echo. I would love to hear a scientific explanation as to why this happens.....No, maybe I would rather not know.

Along the way, we ran along 1st street into downtown Tulsa, passing several beer joints, pool halls, and art studios....quite the unique combination of businesses. Of course, we had to stop for a pic of this store front.

I ended up with 17.5 miles for the day and probably did not really follow the "tapering" rules since I am racing 50K Saturday night. But my mind is better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment