Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saturday

This morning, I opted to run with my friends at RunnersWorld on the paved river trails. My body just needed some easy miles on pavement.Rachel and Linda are followed by Bobby and Ed with whom I ran most of my 8 miles.

The goose population is thriving on the west bank of the Arkansas.Running on Turkey through the muddy clay sections, you get quite a lot of gunk caked up on your shoes, which is aggravating. Running through goose-land leads to gunk caked up on your shoes which is a little more than aggravating!

I ran in to a couple of my ultra-friends on the west side.Earl and Dan are both training for the Mother Road 100....100 miles on old Route 66 in western Oklahoma. Dan smoked the course 2 years ago for his first 100 mile finish. Earl had problems along the way and eventually had to drop. I am sure he wants to right that ship.

Upon taking their picture, Dan snatched my camera away from me and took my picture!
Hey! I sweat a lot!

Afterwards, Dana and I hit the trails at Turkey for a 4 EASY miles. We ran the snake trail, and she made it right by the dreaded tripping-stump, giving it a quick cussing as she passed.







We stopped for a few pics at Rock City before heading home.







Now I have my list to tend to:
1. Mow grass
2. Weed eat
3. Fix electric fence
4. Bathe dogs
5. Clean off desk

(I have my doubts I'll get too much of that done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment