Thursday, July 10, 2008

An update on the motorcycle guy

I recently have heard that Brad, the young man who had the bad motorcycle accident a couple of weekends ago, is still in St Francis in the neuro-unit. He is paralyzed from the waist down, and is not in the best of spirits. He does not remember anything about the wreck at all. This is all I know right now, but tomorrow Brian and I are going to visit him.

I just got in from where the wreck was. All along, we had thought he was probably going north towards the big hill. Some thought maybe he was coming down the big hill. But where he landed, 68th street "T"s right into Elwood. I walked this section and found a lot of fresh scrape marks in the asphalt that led exactly to where he landed. There is also some skid marks. I think he was coming down 68th street way to fast, and his his brakes hard and laid his bike over. from the first scrape mark, I counted 34 paces to where his bike landed. That's 90-100 feet, and would indicate he was moving pretty fast. That stretch of road is also uphill and he went up and across Elwood, and then down into a deep ditch which right now is underwater.

He is fortunate to be alive. Keep him in your prayers. I'll let you all know more after Brian and I visit him

No comments:

Post a Comment