Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This afternoon, I took off for a few miles and scouting for the route for the Barkley Book Fair night run. This involved a little bush whacking, some serious climbing, and maybe some possible trail cutting. I took the precaution of spraying my legs liberally with Deep Woods Off. My journey began on the powerline trail.I stopped to get a pic of what is left of our beloved TATUR rescue vehicle. Such a shame that a noble landmark was destroyed!!
The next hour or so were in areas that are top secret. Just suffice to say that there were quite a bit of ups and downs, and no bunny trails.
I did happen upon some nice freshly dumped trash. Isn't this a nice addition to our Turkey Mountain?I did pick up 10 hitchhikers along the way. Get this....11 ticks yesterday, and 10 today....even with my legs sprayed down with Off! These critters were adamant about their hi-jac.
With all my blood being sucked out, I was busy re-hydrating.
The clouds cleared out right before sunset, but I did manage a so-so pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment