Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesdays I run with the RunnersWorld group on the paved bike trails on the river. But today, I got through with work a little early and decided to get a few quick miles in on Turkey Mountain before heading to the 5:30 group run. It had rained big time last night, and I knew there would be plenty of waterfalls flowing, so I took my camera. (Don't I always?) This pic turned out a little blurry, but I posted it to show the conditions of the trails. No, that's not a creek. Think wet feet









I took trails that ran along streams, many of which formed ponds in the valley areas
of my playground. Had I been out in the morning, this stream would have looked like white water rapids.


Not sure what these tracks are....maybe a big cat? They were about 3 inches wide and maybe 4 inches long.Another pond built by Beaver Construction.
In the picture below, notice the tree laying sideways across the stream. I was hanging on to that tree reaching out to snap a pic of the gurgling water, when the tree laid over!Now let's back up 30 seconds. This is me accidentally photographing myself falling into the creek!Fortunately my Olympus camera is shock proof and water proof.

Finally, I made it to the waterfall that I really wanted to see. This one you can hear long before you see it. For Tulsa's urban wilderness, this is pretty cool.I totaled eleven (11) ticks today. It was enough to make me think again about using some DEET, although I hate the stuff. Ruined many pairs of socks with it.
I was late getting across the river to run with the training group, but I did get in a few miles. For a report, go to the RunnersWorld-Tulsa Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment