Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ask me about my granddogs

In the past week, I have visited my kids and in laws and also spent some time with my grand-dogs and dog-in-laws.

First, there was Cowboy, a dachshund puppy. Since he is a weenie-dog, I thought it would be funny to photograph him in a hot dog bun.Dixie, his older adopted sister smelled food and wanted some of the action.She ended up eating the bun, giving way to a few puns to bad to utter here.

Then we visited Hooch, a lovable boxer who plays a mean game of tug-of-war. He looks like he's been working out in the weight room. I outweigh him, but I'm pretty sure he could out-wrestle me.He's thinking, I'm not gonna eat all this....ya want some?

Then we visited my in laws and saw their new addition to the family. Dewey is a Cairn Terrier, and has enough energy to power a small city. Lots of wiggles and dog kisses were in store for us.

Of course, I have to show off my own dogs. Sad to say, we never got our Ginger back after she ran away. I hope where ever she is, she is OK. This picture is from a run back in February.
Jake is just getting the hang of trail running. He runs like the wind (just on the leash so far with me in tow) and after 2 miles, sits down. He definitely thinks he should get to go running every day though.

And then there's my favorite running buddy, Rocky. He and I have been down a lot of trails together. He's about 58 years old in dog-years, and not really liking ultra-distances these days, but a 3-6 mile run does him just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment