Thursday, May 1, 2008

Today was one of those days that I ran twice. This morning, Dana and I went for a 5 miler, some running, some walking. We parked again at 41st and Riverside and headed north. Instead of crossing the pedestrian bridge, we headed north for an abbreviated trek around Zink Lake.Dana had not been on the new trail here since they opened it. Even though it is more like a road that a trail, It's still a decent place to run. Dana stops to check out the view from the new chairs bolted to the pavement.We crossed the 21st Street bridge since the new trail is still under construction from 21st to 11th.Then later in the afternoon, I ran with the RunnersWorld group, which has gone from 6-8 regulars to 30-something the past few weeks. I had intended to run an easy 4, but just after turning around at 2 miles, I ran into an old friend, Grim Reaper.Grim is one of those guys who just recently started running, and has already ran several marathons and ultras, including the Sunmart 50 mile/White Rock Marathon double. He has aspirations to run Leadville and finish under 24 hours. (On his feet, not on a stretcher!) Not one, not two, but 4 100 milers are on his slate for this year.Here, Grim helps a little girl get a drink.
I never knew Mr. Reaper when he was over-weight, and wonder if he ever was, but he says he has lost a bunch of weight, by hitting the gym and doing Crossfit and now tips the scales at a lean 155 lbs. Funny, that was my best racing weight, and if my diet keeps working for me, I may be there by this falls racing season. Not sure if I'll incorporate the Crossfit though.

Speaking of dieting, my dear friend Brian, who has PR'd in his last 2 marathons including a 3:27 in OKC last Sunday, continues to shed lbs. He was gracious enough to let me photo his lean physique before our run.Brian, you're almost there. I might suggest a few crunches though!

No comments:

Post a Comment