Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tuesday's Thoughts

Last Friday, I went to a dermatologist to have a place on my nose checked. I have never been one to use sunscreen, and have spent years playing outside, fishing, then golfing, and now running. I get an occasional sunburn, and have blistered my nose and ears a few times. The past few years, I had developed a place on the end on my snout that at times looked like a classic zit, and other times was just puffy and red, and sometimes it was just dry skin and almost was non-existent. But lately, it had become a little bit more prominent. So, after a 60 second check-up by a very young doctor and her med student companion, I was told they needed to "freeze" it off. I knew what this meant and what it involved, and told them it was not a good time for it. They quickly pointed out that it never was a good time to do it, and immediately surprised me with the treatment. YOW!!! It was over quick and other than bruising the top of my head on the ceiling, I was fine. I was not too unsightly over the weekend, but today, I have a healthy scab right on the end of my schnauzer.I had thought about googling and posting some ugly grotesque nose deformities and photo-shopping them onto my face...I am twisted like that, but after seeing a few pics of what skin cancer can do, I opted to not make fun of the calamity. My boo boo will be gone in a week, and I am glad to have it behind me.

On a lighter note, I had the pleasure of running today with my daughter-in-law. She is training for the Tulsa Run and has aspirations to do a marathon. Her longest run before today was a 5K and today she had no problem at all with 4 miles. I also got to give my grand baby a piggy-back ride for the last 3/4 mile! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment