Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Poison Ivy




I have a lot of friends who have been battling poison ivy recently. I also notice that a lot of people are not sure what poison ivy looks like.
Some think any green vine is the dreaded plant.
Others say leaves of five are PI.
Serated leaves-yes or no? Click here for the best website I have found identifying the plant (what is and what isn't PI), the symptoms, the differences between Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, and Poison Sumac, and also several remedies AND remedies to NOT USE. Bookmark this website for future reference.



I also recommend these drops from zombierunner.com.
I used to get poison ivy if I looked at a Field and Stream magazine with a picture of the vines. I'd itch for weeks, and always ended up at the doctor's office to get shots or steroid packs. It was awful. I started using these drops a few years ago, and I have never got so much as a blister. (I wish they had something like this for chiggers!) I use the drops from early spring to late fall. One bottle lasts all year. I do not have any financial interest in this product, other than I want them to ALWAYS make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment