Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My next race




My next big race is Angel Fire.

Our friends, the Oklahoma Ultrarunners
are putting on this first year race in the mountains of northern New Mexico.

I have skied in the area, and have vacationed there during the summer months many times, and I know the area is amazingly beautiful.The course is still being determined, and details on the route will be made known later this week, I am told. At first, a 3-loop course for the hundred was proposed, but the latest update suggests a 4-loop course. There is a 50K and a 100K option as well. Something for everyone (well, sort of.)I see a map like this--and I wonder--what are the other unused roads like? But no--I do not want to get off course just to find out!! No bonus miles for me in a 100!Problems with the elevation?? Probably. At first, I thought the proposed course was from 7000 to 8600 feet. But with the course now much higher--topping out at 10000 feet, I may be milking the whole 32 hours to get this thing done.

But if I cross the finish line, I can hold my pant up with the likes of this. Belt buckle envy--it's a dangerous thing.

More information can be found in this interview on Endurance Buzz.
http://endurancebuzz.com/2012/04/12/angel-fire-endurance-run-new-100-mile-trail-run-coming-to-new-mexico-this-june/

No comments:

Post a Comment