Monday, January 16, 2012

Saying good bye to Rocky




This post is not meant to be a downer, but instead a celebration. We said our goodbye to Rocky Sunday afternoon. Dana and I took his ashes to Turkey Mountain and set him free on the trailz where he loved to run. The highlight of Rocky's life was trail running--and I regret not taking him more.Our first stop always was the pond on the blue trail. This was his first swim of the day, and his favorite place for a swim or a soak.Rocky loved the yellow trail, all the ups and downs. We'll never run through here without thinking of him. Good times.This is the Sitting Rock. We have always called it this. After running the lower yellow trail north, there is a short steep climb to this point which overlooks downtown Tulsa. This rock is a great place to rest for a bit, which meant Rocky usually received some ear scratching. It seemed fitting for a part of him to rest here too.This is my favorite picture of Rocky and I from 2004 or 2005. I am a new trail runner in this picture, and Rocky felt like he was my guide. Dana and I were glad we were able to do this for Rocky, and I know he'll have all the best trailz scouted out when we meet him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment