Thursday, April 21, 2011

West Side Running




I ran with my friends at RunnersWorld tonight and somehow ended up speeding along with a fast crowd. It was a cool misty evening and running felt good. Three miles down--at a 9:00 pace. Not bad for someone who never goes fast. Then I met Dirty Guy, another of my RW buds, and we headed over to the west side of the river. Once there, he ran north to his car and I went south toward the pedestrian bridge.These eyes followed me as I ran by--very eerie.

This portion of the River Park is usually patrolled and litter free. I wondered how this mangled bike and shopping cart ended up here.Hmmm....the abandoned slippers next to the bike add to the mystery. The mist had picked up, so I resumed my run, not wanting to be soaked by the time I was through.

We need the rain. Other than the 3' of snow we had a couple of months ago, we have had precious little rain. I have never seen the river this dry.
My favorite quarter mile in the River Parks area. This old railroad bridge turned pedestrian bridge makes for some fast forgiving pace pushing. I have done repeats on the bridge in the summer months since it's shaded, and the usual south breeze cools my sweaty bod, although that was not needed today.
The mist was picking up, making a gray day even grayer. Yup, we need rain, but anyone who knows me knows that endless overcast skies are not my friend.
So, I manufactured some blue sky and bright green colors. Thank you, Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment