Friday, April 29, 2011

killing time




I was a few minutes early to an appointment today, and did not really have time to hunt for a geocache since it usually takes me a while to get my thinking cap adjusted right.I stopped in a park in Bixby, thinking I might find some amazing trailz, and there were some jogging paths of sorts--nothing to interesting. This old bridge that was hauled to a location where it was of no use caught my eye. I am sure it has lived a useful life, but now it lies in waiting to either be demolished or consumed by termites.
Spooky trees. I like 'em. This one seemed innocent enough in broad daylight, but I know better. In the midnight hours against a full moon, I'm sure its devilish side emmerges.
I found this elegant bench in a less than elegant setting. But to some, sitting for a spell admiring the growth of wild flowers would be a treat.
Weeds, or wild flowers--both are beautiful in their own way. If only I could convince my neighbors of that.
I like this picture. I wandered around under the vine covered trees, letting the sun just barely peak through. It almost looks like the tree is overhanging water and the sky below is a reflection in the water. This will end up as wall paper on my desktop when I tire of the picture I have there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment