Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day two on Turkey




There was plenty of time to do whatever today. Activities that did not involve driving on the ice covered roads were preferred though.That is a definite benefit of trail running. No car needed from where I live. :-)The storm that blew in yesterday changed from freezing rain to sleet, and then to snow.Surfaces that were a glaze of ice last night........were cushioned with over an inch of sleet, and another inch of powdery snow.I ran the snake trail to Rock City. My pace was in the mid 12 minute range, although I was just out for a jog, not pushing the pace at all.At Rock City, I headed down the Jelly Legs trail to Pepsi Pond.
A good tip for winter running....Don't eat yellow snow!

A contraption seen in the woods. Not sure what it is....a trap? A shelter?

Running south on the ridge trail.
After dark, it Really got cold. Fortunately, I brought along a fleece pullover, and a stocking hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment