Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Welcome to Fantasy Island


Was sad to hear that Ricardo Montalban passed away today. I always seemed to enjoy Fantasy Island years ago, although it was one on the most ridiculous stories on television, but so is Survivor. One of my first endeavors in impersonations was doing Mr. Roarke and Tattoo. "Boss! De plane, de plane!" and "Welcome to Fantasy Island." I became so good at this, along with a good Elvis, Nixon, Jimmy Carter, and Barney Fife, that I sold all that I had and went out on circuit as a stand up....and never got off the ground.

BAD ZOMBIE! I'm so sorry, that last part was all a lie, although I used ta could do a few. Don't get me started on Karl Childers from Slingblade, and Forrest!

Oh, did I ever get off subject! (Here Zombie....here's some more chocolate.) MMmmm, all better.

I thought Star Trek II was the best Star Trek movie. It was a good mix of over-acting on Montalban's part, and Shatner's especially. It was intense, and wimpy Chekhov getting a bug put in his ear was way CREEPY before it's time.Khan was a formidable foe for the Enterprise, and the movie was so good that the movie series never rebounded. Star Trek 3 was awful, and 4 was so goofy. Never took the movie series serious until Picard and Data took over. To say Montalban will be missed might be a stretch. I have not even thought of him for years until today. But, I need to rent Trek 2 some cold Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment