Thursday, January 22, 2009

Running 100 miles on 4 miles per day training runs.




Lately, I have almost given my running a back seat. Oh, I still get a run in 5 days a week, but 4-5 miles is all I have been getting per day. I fear my overall endurance has slid off a little, but I am knocking off these 4 milers like they were nothing. Makes me wonder if I would do well in a 5K. (SLAP ME!!) That's how I ended up with some pesky shin splints last spring.

This self imposed mileage deficit will be erased the 1st weekend in February. I plan to do the Dan Man, a trail race in Madill Oklahoma. This is a 50 mile run, but a real low keyed one in which a finishers metal is given to anyone who runs at least a 10K. Many people stop at the marathon distance. I did 30 miles once, and a 50K last year. This year, my friend Kathy and I intend to run 100 miles.We'll start out around noon on Friday and hope to have 74 miles in by the next morning so we can run an easy marathon with a load of our friends who are running Saturday.My running buddy Bobby will be doing his 3rd marathon and will qualify for the Marathon Maniacs at this race!Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment