Monday, March 12, 2012

Come run the SNAKE!!!!



My favorite race of the year is almost upon us. March 24--less than two weeks away! My FAVORITE??? Yes. And--I have never ran it. How can this be? I direct it, with the help of Brian Hoover, and a host of other awesome volunteers. This allows me to enjoy the adventure through 300 friends, take pictures, jog a mile or so with whomever I choose, eat great food, and just hang out with people doing what I love.Mitch Drummond has timed this race for the past four years, and so many of my friends just bend over backwards helping with the aid stations, setting up, hanging medals, tearing things down after the race, and cheering the crazies who run for six hours straight or three hours straight.
I have taken special care to remove the big snakes from the trailz. Last year, there were reports of a grumpy snake just north of the aid station, but truly--the race gets it's name for the route of the trail, which resembles a squiggly serpents usual posture.

First, second, and third male and female in both the three hour event and the six hour event takes home the coolest trophy ever--a vicious replica of a viper native to parts of Oklahoma. Tell me this would not look good on your trophy shelf.
And 300 finishers will take home a spectacular medal like no other.Wanna run some super easy trailz where the only one you are competing with is yourself? How far can you run in three hours. How about six hours. Can you keep the magic pace to get a marathon in six hours--on trailz? Yes, it is possible. Can you push the pace enough to achieve a 50K? Yes--that is done by a few every year. Hey--it's on a Saturday when you NEED a long run anyway. Why not come run with us--get a great tech shirt, have all the munchies, water, and Gatorade every mile, and get some bling for taking part. You know you wanna come play!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment