Thursday, August 19, 2010

A junkie tries to get someone hooked




Friends, I have somewhat of a confession to make. I am guilty of trying to lure my son into running on trails. He has been doing a little road running and SEEMS to enjoy running occasionally with his old man, although I know I slow his pace down considerably.We were up just before dawn to run 4 miles before work. It was a comfortable 68 degrees for our run--I should get out early more often!I REALLY wanted this to be a good experience. I gave him a nice Quick-Draw water bottle, iced down of course. I also gave him an almost new pair of Vasque Velocity trail shoes--he and I are both size 10.5.Then I took him to the best trails that Turkey Mountain has to offer.He had a great time, and my knowledge of the trails--roots rocks and all--was sort of an equalizer. Of course he kept up, but did comment towards the end that he thought we were running 8 minute miles (what a hoot!) We finished in 4.11 miles in 57:37, which included stops for pics, peeing, and watching the sun come up. Probably were around 11ish if we had eliminated the stops. Plans are: to run every Thursday morning--on trails mostly. I think I may have him talked into running the 10K at Turkey and Taturs this year!! Dad is happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment