Saturday, October 27, 2007

Tulsa Run

The Tulsa Run has come and gone. This year, I ran with a friend, Bobby Michaels. It was his first 15K and longest race to date. We went into the race expecting only a finish, and hoping for a good experience. Bobby set the pace, and I swear he did not deviate by more than a few seconds from the first K to the last. We ran the first long hill, and in fact, I believe we ran every hill the course had to throw at us. We took a short walk break at the water stops, and 2 very short walk breaks between the 13K and 14K mark. Bobby found a little bit of extra energy at the end, and pulled away from me by a couple of yards right at the finish. I was proud of him and his strong will to have a good race. We had talked about what kind of time we might run, and I told him that I thought we could get in under two hours, and we did just that, in 1:58 and change!!

Here are Bobby and I and a friend, Sharon I think was her name. (Geeze I hope I am right about that!)

Later, Dana and I ran 4 pretty quick miles on the snake trail at Turkey Mt. Today was a perfect day weather-wise to run....just enough to sweat, not near warm enough to be uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment