Thursday, October 25, 2007




This morning, my significantly better half and I ran our usual 5 mile loop. She was appalled as I was at the waste of trees by Wright Tree Slaughtering Inc. They had drove their slashosaurus through some natural tallgrass slinging amputated limbs every which way as they plodded along. We can rest assured that no limbs from these 40 foot trees will ever touch these 75 foot wires. I will sleep much better at night now. The wind was out of the north so we were treated to the nice aroma from the pooey plant from the top of the hill all the way northward. Try holding your breath that long!! None the less, we had a good run.





Last week, while running the snake trail, where we rarely if ever have seen a snake, we saw not one but two green snakes. Both were stretched across the trail and were easy to spot. Since they would have been bisected by the first mountain bike that passed, I picked them up and helped them off of the trail. They did not seem to mind, although one did the wriggly scriggly thing and acted like he really wanted to smell my hand. I put him down a little quicker that I did with the first more docile one.






Tonight, it's a 4 miler and then pizza at RunnersWorld with all my Tue/Thur friends. We'll toss around boasts, predictions, and lies about our efforts Saturday at the Tulsa Run. My goal is to walk out of the pizza party having ate 3 or less pieces of pizza. I have my work cut out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment