Friday, October 26, 2007

Ready, Set, GO!!!

Tomorrow is the day so many have been training for....the Tulsa Run. This is Tulsa's biggest running event, and it is a thrill to run, even if it is on roads. I get such a charge from running in a huge crowd of people like that. I dunno if I would wanna run a whole marathon with elbow to elbow people all the way though.

I plan to run with my friend Bobby who I sometimes run with on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am pumped! I do admit I might partake of the alcoholic aid along the way at the Tulsa Hashers aid station. Maybe a long swig of brew before finishing the run. Sounds good!!! 

This pic is actually from last year's Rt 66 Marathon, but this is right where the Tatur tent was set, and where we will gather before the race. I am betting for chili temps though, but Brian will still probably be in shorts and a singlet.

Today I worked all day at the RunnersWorld booth at the Tulsa Run expo. 


We had our Ugly Foot contest and filmed some pretty nasty feet and toes. Everyone who participated seemed to enjoy the silliness of it all.

 We ran videos of WS100, Massanutten, The Bear 100, and the AT100. Anytime trail running was on the screen, it seemed to draw quite a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment