Monday, May 23, 2011

Sad

I was all set to write a blog post about our run at Pumpkin Holler with pix and tales of all the fun we had. But I just cannot get myself to post of such frivolous endeavors when our neighbors in Joplin are devastated.

While we were on our way home from our all-day run, Joplin, Missouri (as well as a couple of Oklahoma communities) were flattened by a huge (possibly an F5) tornado. From the pictures (these two borrowed from Google), it looked like a huge lawn mower had ran over the town. It is reported that a half mile wide swatch 6 miles long was demolished.The latest death count just in Joplin is 116 lives lost--as of 3:30 pm Monday. I have always been fascinated by the weather--storm clouds, thunder and lightning, and yes--tornadoes. But this beast of a storm was intent on taking lives. The lives lost combined with the lives persecuted is enormous, and sad. I sit here wondering what I can do. Pray? Well of course. But how can I help?

No comments:

Post a Comment