Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Changing of the guard--out with the old, in with the new--a farewell to friends




It was a sad evening, but one still blessed with great rejoicing. I retired NINE pair of road and trail shoes.These shoes are old friends--we've been through so much together. These shoes have raan with me for hundreds of miles. Some of the retirees have been with me for 4 or 5 years, and have sat in my dark closet while younger recruitees have ran with me. It seemed a shame to keep old friends banished in a cluttered dark closet, so I am setting them free. In an effort to bestow a measure of honor to the shoes that have taken me so far, I made this short video.


And now, the refined starting lineup. Seriously, I may not need to buy another pair of shoes for a year or so. (Unless I add another pair of road shoes.)
 Makes me wanna go run--right now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment