Monday, November 1, 2010



The past few days--BUSY!! Work is eating into my running and play time, but I'm a grown-up, and I suppose that is ok, but I DON'T LIKE IT!! (stomping feet!)

Last Thursday, it was the Halloween Bash before the Tulsa Run. A bunch of us crazies dressed up and ran a few miles down Peoria Ave through the Brookside restaurant area, and then further north into the neighborhoods, before retracing our steps back the the store.
It was a chance for me to return the flattery bestowed upon me last year when a dozen of my friends dressed up as ME! This year, Kathy was the target. Ten or so peeps dawned running skirts, do-rags, red locks, and skull shirts to mimic our beloved coach.Some people think I enjoy wigs and skirts way too much. Hmmm....maybe.

Saturday was Tulsa's premier race, the Tulsa Run. It's a 15K through some of downtown and Tulsa's older historic areas and along the Arkansas River. It's an area where we run all the time, but still, it's always a huge party and a buncha fun.Costumes were on the agenda again. Kathy played a very convincing Little Red Riding hood, and Roman pulled double-duty posing as the Big Bad Wolf just after he had eaten Granny and dressed in her clothes. Not pictured--Tatur Dave who was the Woodsman complete with a gleaming axe. Snow White was our friend Sloan, and I was one of the Seven Dwarfs. (Which one, you ask??? SLEEZY!) Not sure who Lady Gaga was, but on the far left, Arena was an Indian Princess.The Tulsa Run during the first 5K is a sea of people, and the flow of the crowd is amazing. I suppose if you were hell bent on running a PR, the crowds would be a bit of an annoyance, but they have a special coral for those types.

Then it was a post-race feed. Nevermind who all was there--the food at hand was picture-worthy.

Then, I had to go into the office to try to catch up on a few things. I was cornered into one small battle that ate up a good two hours of my time, thus leaving me with a defeat in the war with the backlog of paperwork. But it did not keep us away from another Halloween Boo Bash.Dana and I partied with our friend Sandra (in the yellow shirt and pirate's hat below)and a whole slew of running friends.

Good times!! I guess I have gotten my play time in this past week!

Next post--we travel south and east--not as far as last time, but a mere 70 miles to the Illinois River near Tahlequah, and find a nice 27 mile loop through some postcard pretty river valleys. Lots of pics of our exciting discovery coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment