Wednesday, November 10, 2010

blew my taper!




Instead of tapering, I ran an easy seven miles at the river last night. Turns out, most of the TZ Pacing Team was there. My anchor Tom, his setup man Bobby, and Deborah showed up to run a few miles at 5:30. With the time change, it is almost dark by then. But it was a spectacular night for a run!

I got there a few minutes early, and noticed the Arkansas River was at a record low level.The low-water dam that makes Zink Lake had the gates open, and the lake was drained.I have always thought this part of the river was knee deep at best, but walking down into the river bed, it is apparent that it is 10-12 feet deep when the normal amount of water is flowing.I scraped my leg of something while walking down there. As nasty as this water is, I surely will have an incurable disease and will most likely lose a limb. :-(After a final snapshot, we ran a two mile out, and then back. I met Jason and Lisa, and ended up running another 2 miles with Jason, and somehow ended up with seven according to MapMyRun.com. NO MORE RUNNING TIL SATURDAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment