Monday, September 6, 2010

The Final Day




Day Three of the long weekend--it has all gone by so fast. This morning, Dana and I ran a 5K put on by the church that one of our runner friends attends. For a 5K on roads, it was quite enjoyable. A few gradual hills, and a downhill finish, and then pancakes!! They also had sausage, but it was gone by the time I went through the line. :-( It would have probably put 3 lbs in my Michelin Tire rack.

I only had my iPhone, and took a few pics with it, or so I thought. I was wearing my cool shades, and it was bright out, and I never really could see if I was actually getting a picture. I did not even try to take photos while I ran, as I was trying to not set a PW in the 5K. Lets just say I narrowly beat a couple of buddies, and was just a few minutes slower that I was when I was 43. (Slower PER MILE!!)

Then it was back to Turkey Mountain to mark more trails. Yesterday, with the help of Jason and Lisa, we got about 6 miles marked.Today we marked about 5 miles. We might have gone just a little further, but we ran completely out of pink polka-dot ribbon. I will spend the next few evenings pre-marking the turns and intersections on what's left on the course with plano pink.

There was not much running today on the trails since we were marking, but we did see a lot of folks hitting it hard--some training for the race next weekend.A nice steep rocky section on the Powerline Trail.


The last piece of ribbon. Where to tie it?? We were actually glad to be through. Dana has ran/hiked 25 miles in the last 3 days, and me--I was just tired.

Hope everyone enjoyed the three-day weekend as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment