Thursday, September 9, 2010

DO-WACKA-DO TRAIL RUN




There's a new trail race in Oklahoma--the Do-Wacka-Do Trail Run in Erick Oklahoma featuring a 50K/25K/5M. Saturday September 25th is the day--just 2 weeks away! My friend Joel Everett is the race director, and has spent hours mapping and grooming this course in western Oklahoma. Joel has ran a boatload of trail runs in recent years, and has race directed a few races as well and knows how to put on a great event. There is a pre-race dinner Friday night at the Roger Miller Museum in Erick, hence the name Do-Wacka-Do (one of Roger Miller's songs.) I hear the museum is a cool place to visit, especially if you are of age to remember Roger Miller (which I am!) On the menu: Homemade Spaghetti, with salad, bread, and desert.

I always like to know a little about the terrain of a race before I commit to a road trip. What type of surface will I be running on? Are the views nice? Really--who wants to run somewhere where the scenery is drab?? Joel has shared a few pics, and I have shamelessly copied them here.All I have to say is....WOW!!

Looks like there's no skimping on the shirts either. You'll get a nice tech shirt for doing this race--black is back!(pssst! Joel! Who is the shirt model?)

Visit the website for more details.
CLICK HERE http://www.dowackadotrailrun.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment