Saturday, November 29, 2008

Some ramblings




A little catching up is in order today, this cold gray Saturday afternoon. Thursday morning, I ran a fun run, a 4.4 mile jaunt around Zink Lake.This run is held every year Thanksgiving morning and the entry fee is a couple of cans of food which is donated to those less fortunate. It's a noble cause, except these folks probably could use some help all year round, as well as some job assistance. But, a nice 4 mile run makes room for an extra piece of pie later in the day.It was a perfect morning....around 40 degrees with a very slight north breeze.There was a huge crowd out. I am not the best at estimating the size of a crowd, but I'd guess about 500 people. My friend Brian said that they determine the size of a crowd by aerial photos, and then they count how many people in a small square area, and do the math for a total. Darn, I forgot my helicopter!I was a little late getting there and couldn't find anyone from our running group. Not like I've never ran alone before.But I finally caught up with Lida and her sister Sonna who was visiting for the holidays. Behind them is Sandra, one of my blogging buddies.A nice surprise...Roman was manning a water station on the west bank. I needed a drink as I was not running with a water bottle and had only gulped a double espresso upon waking up.I caught up with Lisa, and ran the last mile or so with her. Hot chocolate and snacks awaited us at the finish. I must say, the hot chocolate was hot but watery. Most of the munchies were gone. Of course with Thanksgiving dinner later in the day, I was far from worrying about malnourishment.

Channel Two chief meteorologist Dan Threlkeld manned the bullhorn and drew for door prizes.
As usual, no post is complete without a shot of my best friend Kathy Hoover. Still working on a "normal" looking picture. Maybe this IS normal for her!

####################################################################################

Then it was north to Skiatook to eat dinner with my parents.My younger brothers and one of my sisters were with us. (I am the oldest of six kids. Two brothers and three sisters.)My brother Kevin, my Dad, and Kevin's wife Susan.

My Mom, and a nice spread of desserts.

You might have seen pictures on the Internet of a turkey like this. My dad brought it to life.

As you can see, good looks run in my family. These are two of my nieces Kristeen and Katy.

Strutting around with confidence. Good thing they're not turkeys!

Everyone ate well including the 40 cats that hang around my Mom's house.

Ok, I know I post many less than flattering pics of other people. But I am also fair. Here's a couple of shots of yours truly from years past.This is me at 17 years old. Below is me at 7 years old.Like I said....good looks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment