Saturday, November 1, 2008

I've been TAGGED!



My friend Cassy has tagged me, so here is my sixth picture from my sixth file. (This could have been scary, like if it were the 7th file!!! YIKES!)This is Kathy from the 2007 Barkley Book Fair. The Barkley Book Fair is fashioned after the infamous Barkley Marathon in Frozen Head State Park in Tennessee. In this race, runners have to run 100 miles in 20 mile loops over the most rugged terrain that race director Gary Cantrell can conger up. To know that runners complete all of the course, Gary hides books in the woods and runners have to tear out the page that corresponds with their race number. This race is so hard that out of the hundreds that have tried it over the last 15 years or so, less than 10 have finished it.

I thought we should have a race like this right here on Turkey Mountain. I designed a day course which is hard, and a night course that is as tough as I can make it. In this picture, Kathy had just finished the night run and the last 1/4 mile of the trail came in the back door of the trail that the same sex lovers frequent. Now the book chosen for this less than sacred checkpoint could not be just any kind of book, but one that was true with the characteristics of the surrounding trail. And of course, I was careful to assign race numbers that corresponded with tasteless pages in this magazine. And yes, I did go to Barnes and Noble, select a nice gay magazine, take it to the checkout stand, and paid for it (using Brian's credit card!) But notice the enthusiasm in Kathy's eyes. I think she actually enjoyed her page.

I now tag......hmm, to whom am I going to give this honor? I can't make up my mind, so, Bobby and Candice, you are both tagged!!! Post your sixth picture from your sixth My Pictures folder and tell us the story. And no cheating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment