Tuesday, September 2, 2008

How I spent my long weekend




Aww....you know I ran....ok I ran a lot! I always do. Pretty boring, huh? But there were a few things that made it a great weekend. Any day you get to sleep late is good, and this weekend I slept in 2 days!! Of course Saturday, I ran with my road running buddies at RunnersWorld. The highlight of the run was seeing the most awesome fox! (No, I mean the 4-legged kind!)We have seen a couple of red foxes from time to time along the river. They are not at all afraid of people. This one acted as if it would let me touch him, especially if I had food.

Sunday, I ran at Turkey Mountain....about 8 miles on the trails. It was hot hot hot. But it's all good training, right?And what are the odds? I saw this fox on the trails, running right behind me!! Actually, Dana is gearing up for the Turkey and Taturs 25K....her 3rd, and then she is going to tackle Sunmart again.

Along the way, I did get a pic of another real live critter. Those rustlings you hear under the leaves that you think might be a snake, sometimes are lizards.

Monday, I got another Turkey run in, but spent most of the day mending fences. It seems I have three escape artists.All three of my labs have found SOMEWHERE in the back yard where they can get away. Now I do have an electric fence that has worked well, but enough greenery has overgrown it that it no longer had the ZAP! that it needed. Or it may be that they have dug a secret tunnel and camouflaged it so that I will not find it. Where do they go? Well, where else. They are working on their triathlon skills.Running and swimming are their strengths, but they are a little weak on the bike. But they do seem to go out for a little celebration after their workout, and have been known to stay out all night long.

So....I have rebuilt my electric fence.Just let them TRY to escape. MMMWWAAHAHAHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment