Thursday, September 25, 2008

Beware!! Fat pix



As I start getting into the mindset of another weekend of racing, I have given thought as to where I was before I started running. Oh I was quite the athlete, spending 2-3 days a week....golfing, riding around in a golf cart, and drinking suds and margaritas.




These are pics of a golf game in Playa Del Carmen north of Cancun. Of course I rode in a cart. I doubt I could have walked and carried my bag if my life depended on it.








I was a big boy when Dana and I got married, and I steadily gained in the following years.

This in New Mexico where there are no doubt miles of mountain trails. No chance of finding me running back in those days.In the past few years, Dana and I have changed our lifestyle, eating healthy for the most part, running almost every day, biking and hiking regularly, and living life to the fullest.

Ken and Dana in 2008.
This week I go to Independence Kansas to run the Flat Rock 50K. This is the 6th year in a row doing this race. I have also ran a 100K there the one year they had it. If I make it this year and then the next 4 years, I will be inducted into the Flat Rock Hall of Fame, and will receive a permanent cloth embroidered bib, and a lifetime entry to this race. Let's see.... $70 per year times 10 years equals $700 to run 310 miles on rocks....to receive a lifetime entry to run more miles on rocks. Does that make sense at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment