Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesday

This afternoon, I picked up my nephews from school for a little run with the Tuesday night RunnersWorld group. They live in Skiatook, and don't get to run much with other TATURs except in races.
After letting them stock up at Quik Trip for after school snacks, we went by the store and picked out new trail shoes, which I thought they should have before Lake McMurtry the weekend after next. John opted for the Brooks Cascadia 3s, which I also use on trails.Jeff chose the Adidas Supernova TR5s, which is also a good tail shoe.Both shoes are flexible enough to use on pavement or trails, and have enough rugged tread to power through muddy trails, which we have certainly enjoyed lately. 

I started our run slowly as I usually do, while the twins motored away with Tatur Dave. I figured he would give them an education!! I ran with Bobby, and then stopped at 2 miles and visited with Roman for 10 minutes or so before heading on north another mile. At mile three, I ran onto John walking. He had let Jeff and Tatur Dave go, and they ended up with 8 miles. John and I turned around at 3 miles out and headed back to 71st street. Tatur Dave and Jeff breezed right by us, and I told John to cut them loose, as their pace would KILL me. John and I ran steady for 1.5 miles with 2 quick stops at the water fountains. But with about 1.3 miles to go, two girls passed us, and John picked up his pace so as not to let them out of his sight. Subsequently, we finished our last mile at what seemed like an 8 minute/mile pace. 

So, once again, a mid-week run that started out slow and uneventful ended up in an all out sprint. I am still buzzing!

After another feeding, we took them home. Along the way, we were treated to a spectacular sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment