Sunday, April 20, 2008

How to spend a Sunday

Today was a day with no plans...no official plans, that is. We had thought about doing a little hiking at Turkey Mountain, but instead, slept in 'til 10:30. We were awakened by the phone...it was Jason asking if we could baby-sit Makenna while he and Jesse went fishing. 

Now Friday is usually Grand-Baby Day, but we jumped at the opportunity of a double dose of the sweetest little girl in the world! Plus, I got to try out my new camera! Makenna is crawling now at the speed of sound and is into anything within two feet of the floor be it a toy or not. Plus, anything picked up goes directly to her mouth! 

She is enthralled with our cats, and follows them all around the living room, although they always seem to stay just a couple of feet away.Scooter endures a little "slap-petting".Sassy is less than enthused with Makenna's excitement.

After a few hours or constant running, or crawling I should say, Makenna went down for a nap. It was then that I decided it was time to do the first yard mowing of the year. My back yard had begun to resemble a jungle. 
I thought the grass was only knee deep, but was waist deep in places! Me and my old trusty mower went to work.After 2 1/2 hours in my back yard, the job was done. Unlike last year, I did not burn up a mower trying to cut 2 foot high grass down to golf course length all in one swoop.And today, I had my 1/2 acre baled, and all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment