Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Color Run




From the Color Run website:
The Color Run™, also known as the Happiest 5k on the Planet, is a unique paint race that celebrates healthiness, happiness, individuality, and giving back to the community.
Less about your 10-minute-mile and more about having the time of your life, The Color Run is a five-kilometer, un-timed race in which thousands of participants are doused from head to toe in different colors at each kilometer. The fun continues at the finish line with a gigantic “Color Festival,” using more colored powder to create happiness and lasting memories, not to mention millions of vivid color combinations. Trust us, this is the best post-5k party on the planet!
With only two rules, the idea is easy to follow:
1. Wear white at the starting line
2. Finish plastered in color
Now the single largest event series in the nation, The Color Run is exploding since our debut event in January of 2012 and will grow from over 50 events and 600,000 participants in 2012, to over 100 events and over a million participants in 2013.
Be Healthy. Be Happy. Be You.

I did not run THE Color Run, although I did man the TATUR tent at the event. 18,000 to 20,000 runners did though, and they seemed happy.

I came home, put on a colorful bandana, leashed up Jake, grabbed my camera, and headed to the trailz for a color run--TZ style.
I am in taper mode, and a 5-6 miler was all I needed. There were 5 newer geocaches on Turkey Mountain that I had not found, and today was the day.

Looking for spectacular color? Look to the work of the Master Designer. Greens and blues never looked so good.

My first geocache of the day had me up one hill, down another, and then back up. Some crafty hider found some cool rock formations between two lesser used trailz, I got some unplanned hill work in. I also plowed through a nest of saw briers. Notice the nice green and mauve weapon of mass destruction.

More color--I donated a little blood here. My legs had a bit of shredding as well, and after a 15 minute search, I found the cache!!

Lots of color in this geocache too. I had no goodies to leave so I took nothing, signed the log, and hid it back in it's place. On to the next one, which was a half mile away. Jake and I ran at an easy pace north on the Ho-Chi.

Just as if it were placed just for us, this leaf gave us the yellow for our run. We found the next cache after a 30 minute search. It was not where I thought. My iPhone was jumping around, as it often does in the deep woods. Another good find, and we ended up finding a total of five for the day, including a FTF (First To Find) on the far west side.

Those in the big Color Run missed out on this....

....and this.

"But wait a minute, TZ," you say, "The Color Runners are supposed to get color splattered all over them."

And so it was. Brown is a color, right?

And after a good hosing off, there are remnants of red, that I get to show off for a few days. And I don't have green and pink stuff behind my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment