Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A couple of my running buddies






Q&A with Spring 2013 Trophy Series Leaders - Page 3

CAMERON PLATE
alt
Cameron (right) with older brother Brandon. Photo courtesy of Plate family
You're 11 years old! It's pretty amazing that you're running long distances on trails at your age. Do either of your parents trail run?
Yeah my dad does, and my brother does too. But my dad can't keep up with my brother and me. I like running in the woods better than the road or the track.
You ran two races in the same weekend at the Post Oak Lodge Challenge, is that right? Was your body tired on the second day?
Yes, both this year and last year, I ran both the 25K and the half marathon. It was hard because it was hilly, and hot the second day, and I also fell into a mud puddle. But I wasn't really that tired the second day.
What are your running goals?
Join my brother as a Marathon Maniac on April 20 at the Free State Trail Marathon in Kansas. I want to break the record for most trail marathons and ultras ever run, and also make the Olympics and run the Boston Marathon when I turn 18.

TZ's note: Since this interview, Cameron HAS attained Marathon Maniac status, and Brandon added another star to his status for running SIX marathons (and half of them were 50Ks) in 4 months!! These guys will be winning ultras routinely in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment