Friday, June 15, 2012

need advice




I need help. Some advise. Something. I have been racking up some serious miles in training for Angel Fire. 96 miles two weeks ago, 76 last week, and will be in the 70s or 80s this week. The weather has been hot--it's SUMMER! I have kept myself hydrated and always carry a water bottle.
My bottle of choice is an insulated Camelback, with a California Innovations insulated sleeve over it. I can cinch the strap over my hand, and it's like it's not even there. These bottles have saved me when I fall several times--planting the bottle on the ground keeps my hand from being scraped up.

Lately, it's been a lot hotter, and I've been running with two bottles. Here lies the problem. I always carry a single bottle in my right hand--never my left. When I carry two, it just seems weird to carry the second in my left, so I have them both in tow in my right.


One bottle full weighs right at two pounds, and carrying what is essentially 4 pounds of dumbbells over thirty miles has built up the muscle in my forearm--a good thing, right? But my LEFT arm is getting the short end of the stick. Try as I may, it just does not feel right running with a bottle in both hands. So, after a few months of progressive training, I have become a freak.


Yes--these are true pictures. I can almost flip the flab over the top of my arm. And people wonder why I run with long sleeves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment