Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tuesday Night Crawlers, Week III




Some would think it was too cold, but actually it was a spectacular night for a run. Our crowd has swelled--up 33% from last weeks attendance, as not one, but two new runners joined us for a jaunt around one of the areas best kept secrets for off-road running.As I have mentioned, Lake Yahola is a great place to view the sunset. The sound of waves lapping against the shores is soothing, something I particularly need after a grueling day at work.It is getting dark EARLY, and by 6:00, it was pitch black, but our LED headlamps lit the way.The route around the lake was soft from the rain, but even with the rain we had, I did not get my shoes muddy. I wore my Asics 2160s, a road shoe, which is just fine for this terrain.

I have seen lots of wildlife around the lake--armadillos, opossums, turtles, cranes, jumping fish, and always deer.Join us next Tuesday!!! This course is perfect for those getting off work. We try to take off around 5:30, but even if someone is running a bit late, there is no way to get off course--just run the path around the shore of the lake and when you run out of trail, cross the gate and follow the edge of the paved road back to where you parked. It's a nice 3.3 mile loop. Facebook me, email me at trailzombie@yahoo.com, or call/text at 918-814-6433.

No comments:

Post a Comment