Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Tuesday Night Crawlers run Lake Yahola




A small group of Tuesday Night Crawlers (and a buncha runners are missing out) ran Lake Yahola Tuesday night.This is a small lake, and according to Garmin, it's 3.36 miles around in some awesome gravel roads.
Looking north across the water, you can see Turley Hill in the distance. I used to roam all over than hill as a kid. I wonder if there are trailz there now--probably deer trailz if any at all.There were a few puddles, and in all the times I have ran here, it has never been too muddy. You can always start and finish with clean shoes.I got out a bit early to try to work a little soreness out of the legs, and to get to the east side of the lake to take some sunset pix. It's always a good place for that.Throw in a few clouds, and it gets really picturesque.Zooming in. The water is ablaze. I hurried back to the parking area, and met Shelley, who saw my car but was not sure where I was. A few minutes later, Laurie got there and the three of us took off and ran the course clockwise. We say lots of deer--six at once, and either they followed us around the lake, or we saw several more.From the north side of the lake, you can see downtown Tulsa, and the lights across the lake at the water treatment plant. If I had my tripod, I would have got a clearer shot. It was a perfect night for a run. I would have liked a double dose, but the 5 miles I ended up with seemed like about all my legs wanted.

We plan on running here next week too. Hope we can get a few more Crawlers to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment